Google has cut phone maker Huawei off from some updates to the Android operating system, Reuters reports.
New smartphones made by the company will also lose access to Google’s app store and software such as Gmail, the news agency’s story says.
Huawei declined to comment and Google did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the BBC.
What services precisely will be severed is still being discussed at Google, said Reuters, citing an unnamed source.
Huawei can still use the version of the Android operating system available through the open source license.
On Wednesday the Trump administration added Huawei to its “entity list”, blocking the sale or transfer of American technology without a licence.
“Until there is a clear statement from Google, it is hard to speculate about the ramifications,” said Ben Wood, from the CCS Insight consultancy.
“But should the Reuters report be accurate, it would have big implications for Huawei’s consumer business.”
Several governments around the world have blocked telecoms companies from using Huawei gear in next-generation 5G mobile networks, citing security concerns.
So far the UK has held back from any formal ban.
“Huawei has been working hard on developing its own App Gallery and other software assets in a similar manner to its work on chipset solutions. There is little doubt these efforts are part of its desire to control its own destiny,” said Mr Wood.
继续阅读Google ‘restricts Huawei’s use of Android
任正非接受日本「日經亞洲評論」（Nikkei Asian Review）訪問時也重申華為並未違法。